Monday, April 11, 2011

"Life isn't a matter of milestones, but of moments." -Rose Kennedy

The Thinking Spot, Audubon Park | Photo: Rachel DeHayes
I am a firm believer in celebrating milestones; I love birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, and all major moments in life. Yet, I often find that the memories that make me stop and smile are not always these special occasions, but rather tiny moments that shine through the drone of the day-to-day. Don't get me wrong, remembering special dinners, gifts, parties, events and the like all make me smile, but so do the little things, like strolling in the park, playing Scrabble for hours, unintended stories from girls nights in, and even a moment shared through a wink, a smile, a hug, or a kiss. Sometimes those milestones produce the best moments, but sometimes, those moments happen all on their own. For better or for worse, those, my friends, are the moments of life.

1 comment:

  1. That is straight up for real for real legit no lie amazing! im agreeing with her!!! THE LITTLE THINGS MATTER!!!

    ReplyDelete