Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it." - Plato

Whoever says fitness is a "new" phenomenon is clearly in denial; because low and behold, even Plato, the great Greek philosopher, believed in the power of physical activity as a means to preserve the human body and general well-being.

I mean, look at the svelte figure Plato boasted in his hey-day:

Plato, the athlete! Photo Courtesy: onelittleangle.com
No doubt he has rock-hard abs under the cloak. OK, just kidding, but in all seriousness, I agree that we should value exercise, health, and fitness. Particularly after my "lack of activity" this Mardi Gras season, I have officially hit the pavement running! No pun intended. 

My latest fitness obsession is called Les Mills Body Pump, and it will kick your booty! It is one hour of pure weight-lifting cardio, set to high energy music. See the hard bodies in action below:

Les Mills Body Pump, Photo Courtesy: www.LesMills.com
Body Pump two times a week, plus runs and basic weight training two other days a week, and I hope to preserve, and even maybe even improve the condition of my body as we enter the summer months. And, if I keep it up, maybe I'll live to 105 years-old like the lovely woman I saw celebrating her birthday today at the Kingsley House in New Orleans. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment