Thursday, March 24, 2011

“Intuition comes very close to clairvoyance; it appears to be the extrasensory perception of reality” - Alexis Carrel

Photo Courtesy LyricsDog
Do you ever have days where you have a feeling of inexplicable anxiety? A pit in the stomach, an extra heart beat, unsteady hands? Apparently I do, and today has been one of those days. First I wondered if I forgot to do something, you know, take out the trash, turn in an assignment, something mundane. Then I wondered if I missed someone's birthday, or an appointment, or a personal engagement. Then, thanks to a conversation with a friend, she made me wonder if I was feeling something else - if my intuition was telling me something. It seems all my loved ones are doing well, but I still can't shake the feeling. 

This may come off as little crazy, but here it goes: I'm pretty sure clairvoyance runs in my family. I've never turned my nose up at fortune tellers or horoscopes, in fact, sometimes I even seek them out. So in my family, while sometimes it's an asset to have spot-on intuition, in this particular case, I'm hoping my mystery anxiety is nothing but a tummy ache or dehydration!

Ever have a psychic moment or inexplicable anxiety? I loooove a good supernatural tale, so share, share, share! 

1 comment:

  1. My most bizarre example of "intuition" was a moment of panic I felt near home. As I sat at the stop sign I had this overwhelming thought of a car hitting the tree next to me. I caught my breath, went on my way, and about a mile around a block and down the street a car had driven off the road and hit a tree. The accident had just occurred, emergency vehicles were not even there yet. It had to have happened at the same moment of my thoughts. Does this run in the family....??

    ReplyDelete