Saturday, August 27, 2011

"All the world is a laboratory to the inquiring mind." - Martin H. Fischer

Today I got an early birthday present: a new fancy-schmancy camera! It is a Nikon Coolpix L120, and maybe it's not fancy-schmancy on the grand scheme of cameras, but for me, this is a huge upgrade and I'm in love.

On this beautiful Saturday afternoon, I took myself out for a walk around Audubon Park to see what my new baby could do before I take it halfway across the globe to India. I tried to play with angles, scene settings, zoom, and coloration, so I want to share some of my favorites:

Close-up of a tree swing in Audubon Park
Flowers at the front entrance of Audubon Park
Bird Island in Audubon Park
A view of the trails in Audubon Park 
Playing with the macro setting inside the trees
Looks so relaxing, right?
I love this adorable little squirrel! Little guy's munching on a graham cracker.


The bark on this tree was stunning
Ducks!
Stately homes line the perimeter of the park
Details from the park's surrounding homes
Beautiful architecture and coloration on this home
I'll be practicing more this evening at New Orleans Mid-Summer Mardi Gras, and then tomorrow night at my boyfriend's gig on Frenchman street. The more I practice, the more confident I will feel that I can capture my upcoming trip in photos as well as memories!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous pics! makes me miss orlando :( and congrats on india! that's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete